Friday, February 15, 2013

Expectations vs. Disappointment

Introverts apparently have a different way of setting expectations. Honestly, I thought it was just me. I was talking to my fiance about how setting high expectations only leads to let downs and he disagrees completely.  My thought is that if you set low expectations then there is no where to go but up. For example, expecting to get an A in the class and working for it never works, for me anyway. So I set low expectations I aim for B's and when I get A's I'm ecstatic, and even when I get a B I'm not disappointed  It all works out in the end and I don't feel bad about myself. Its great!

On the other hand, my fiance thinks that it is just dumb to set low expectations. He believes that high expectations make people work harder... But he doesn't realize that introverts aren't like other people. We have a different way of doing things and, for me anyway, I cant handle disappointment very well. I also thought I was the only one who set low expectations, but apparently my fiance has another friend, who is introverted of course, who does the same thing! Its great to know that I'm not the only low expectation setter who works hard and rarely ever gets disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment