Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Being a Introvert in an Extroverted World


Being an introvert in a world full of extroverts can be difficult at times. Believe me when I say I know. I'm marrying a full on extrovert. Making it from day to day with lots of interaction can be stressful and sometimes way to overwhelming, and most people just don't understand when you say that you just want to sit at home and chill. Introverts are a special kind of people that are a little different than everyone else. We need less human interaction, and actually prefer it that way. Spending hours to ourselves without talking to a single person and actually enjoying it is our way of life. It's not weird or antisocial, its just who we are. Sometimes it can be new and scary adventure in A Day in the Life of an Introvert.

For me personally everyday is a new and challenging adventure. Going to school, talking with my project groups... actually just talking to people in general can be difficult. I've noticed as I've gotten older my social skills have gone down the drain and I'm often putting myself, and the people I'm talking with, in to those 'awkward silences'. Plus if I happen to be around a lot of people in a short period of time my mood tends to get worse and worse as the day goes on, and I want to just go home and be by myself more and more. People always thought I was being odd and antisocial. Truthfully, I do enjoy being around people and my friends, just not all the time. I like human interaction and doing fun stuff, but not as much as most people. Reading books, taking naps or baths, or even just hanging out with my dog is enough to keep me happy. To me it seems like this world is becoming more difficult for introverts to live in. Everything evolves around sticking yourself out there and having all the attention on you [which freaks me out like no other]! Introverts may be all over the place, but people would never know because we don't throw ourselves out there, which is a shame because I believe we have some pretty special qualities that extroverts do not have. To be an introvert in an extroverted world is going to take a lot of work, and of course some time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment